A short documentary on the history, meaning, and provisions of the U.S. Constitution, as well as the operation of government within the parameters set forth in the U.S. Constitution. Video footage highlights the operation of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government by providing footage of several recent events and activities such as presidential inaugurals, impeachment proceedings, legislative events, and Supreme Court oral arguments. Chief Justice Roberts also talked about ways in which the Constitution had been interpreted and its function as a working document.
- How many delegates signed the Constitution? Why did the framers feel it was needed?
- When was the Constitution ratified?
- Why do you think the framers believed in the separation of powers?
- How has the Constitution been tested over the years?
- Why do you think the Bill of Rights were ratified in 1791?
- In what ways has the Constitution been relevant to you?
- What is the purpose of Constitution Day?