C-SPAN's 2015 Summer Educators' Conference
Each summer, C-SPAN hosts two teacher conferences in Washington, DC. The day-and-a-half long conferences are held during the month of July at C-SPAN’s headquarters in the heart of Washington, DC. Airfare to and from Washington, two nights’ hotel stay, and meals during the conference are all provided by C-SPAN.
This year's conferences will be held:
- Middle School Conference: Thursday and Friday, July 9th-10th
- High School Conference: Monday and Tuesday, July 13th-14th
At this conference middle and high school educators (grades 6-12) gather from around the country to learn more about C-SPAN and how to effectively integrate C-SPAN’s online resources into their classrooms.
Conference participants learn:
- About C-SPAN’s mission, programming, and event coverage
- How to navigate C-SPAN’s programs, websites and resources
- About our StudentCam and Teacher Fellowship enrichment opportunities that are available to students and educators
- Examples of how colleagues nationwide have effectively incorporated C-SPAN’s programming and resources into their curriculums to create engaging learning experiences for students
- About upcoming programming, such as C-SPAN's planned coverage of the 2016 presidential campaign
Applications are currently closed with the submission deadline of Friday, April 3, 2015 having passed. Successful applicants have been notified.
C-SPAN's 2015 Teacher Fellowship Program
C-SPAN’s Fellowship program is for educators who are knowledgeable about C-SPAN’s programs and can demonstrate successful innovative methods of integrating C-SPAN’s programs into their classroom.
For four weeks during summer 2015, Fellowship recipients will collaborate with C-SPAN’s Education department to develop new teaching materials using C-SPAN resources in order to better serve our Classroom members nationwide. This program takes place at C-SPAN’s offices in Washington, DC. Each Fellow receives an award valued at $7,000 which includes housing and travel expenses. Fellows will also participate in C-SPAN’s Summer Educators’ Conference where they share their ideas with education colleagues about creating innovative learning experiences using C-SPAN’s programs and websites.
All candidates must be:
- a member of C-SPAN Classroom
- a state certified middle or high school teacher of U.S. History, Civics, Government, or related curriculum
- knowledgeable about C-SPAN’s programming
- experienced with successfully integrating C-SPAN’s programming and resources into social studies curriculum
Past ideas and work of Fellowship recipients include our:
Meet C-SPAN's 2015 Summer Teacher Fellows:
11th Grade US History & 12th Grade Government and Economics
Timberland High School
St. Stephen, SC
8th Grade US History
North Andover Middle School
North Andover, MA
9th-12th Grade Humanities
Metropolitan Arts Institute