C-SPAN's 2016 Summer Educators' Conference
Each summer, C-SPAN hosts two teacher conferences in Washington, DC. The day-and-a-half long conferences are held during the month of July at C-SPAN’s headquarters in the heart of Washington, DC. Airfare to and from Washington, two nights’ hotel stay, and meals during the conference are all provided by C-SPAN.
- The application process is now closed and all applicants were notified of their selection on Friday, April 22, 2016. In the coming weeks selected attendees will next receive an email from C-SPAN's Travel Specialist who will coordinate travel to and from Washington, DC, as well as hotel stay during the conference.
This summer our conferences will be held:
- Middle School Conference: Monday and Tuesday, July 11th-12th
- High School Conference: Thursday and Friday, July 14th-15th
30 educators for each conference were selected and notified on Friday, April 22, 2016.
At these conferences, middle and high school educators (grades 6-12) from around the country gather to learn more about C-SPAN and how to effectively integrate C-SPAN’s online resources into their classrooms.
Conference participants will learn:
- About C-SPAN’s mission, programming, and event coverage
- How to navigate C-SPAN’s programs, websites and resources
- About our StudentCam and Teacher Fellowship enrichment opportunities that are available to students and educators
- Examples of how colleagues nationwide have effectively incorporated C-SPAN’s programming and resources into their curriculums to create engaging learning experiences for students
- About specific programming, such as C-SPAN's coverage of the 2016 presidential campaign
C-SPAN's 2016 Teacher Fellowship Program
C-SPAN’s Fellowship program is for educators who have experience using C-SPAN’s programming in the classroom and can demonstrate innovative methods of integrating those programs into educational experiences.
For four weeks during summer 2016, Fellowship recipients will collaborate with C-SPAN’s Education department to develop new teaching materials using C-SPAN resources in order to better serve our Classroom members nationwide. The Fellowship takes place at C-SPAN’s offices in Washington, DC. Each Fellow receives a stipend of $7,000 to cover housing, travel, and living expenses. Fellows will also participate in C-SPAN’s Summer Educators’ Conferences where they share their ideas and experiences using C-SPAN’s programs with conference attendees.
Meet our 2016 Fellows
Judy teaches AP and Honors U.S. History and U.S. Government and Politics, as well as Honors Economics to high school students at iPreparatory Academy in Miami, FL.
Bloomington Junior High School
Greg teaches Humanities, including geography, social studies, and literacy, to seventh grade students at Bloomington Junior High School in Bloomington, IL.
NYC Lab Middle School for Collaborative Studies
New York City, NY
Anne Nolting teaches Humanities, including U.S. History and English Language Arts, to eighth grade students at NYC Lab Middle School for Collaborative Studies in New York City.
Past ideas and work of Fellowship recipients include our: