WELCOME BACK, TEACHERS!
Our Education department has had a busy summer refreshing our website layout and technology, and generating exciting new resources for you and your students.
- Our new embedded video player is now mobile device friendly.
- Timely Teachable Videos now feature shorter, classroom-ready clips.
- New "On This Day in History” section that aggregates video clips around significant events throughout U.S. history.
- Midterm Election lesson plans that focus on the history, significance and impact of midterms.
- Common Core-Aligned lesson plans examining the three branches of government.
- Over 60 new Bell Ringers. History offerings are now listed chronologically.
- Improved search function for our Lesson Plans and Bell Ringers.
For additional information on each, view a PDF of our "Back-to-School" email here.
Register as a member of C-SPAN Classroom to join our mailing list and receive timely content updates, programming alerts, and opportunities for students and teachers.
TIMELY LESSON IDEAS
On This Day: September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks
Aggregated video clips, including oral history and testimonials, to help your students learn more about the day and the government's response in the aftermath of the attacks.
Lesson: Constitution Day
Constitution Day is a federally recognized holiday celebrated on September 17th, the day when the U.S. Constitutional Convention adopted the Constitution in 1787. A federal law established in 2004 requires all schools receiving federal funding to teach about the Constitution on September 17th. This lesson is designed to help teachers meet the law’s requirement.
Common Core Aligned Lessons:
In these lessons, students will research each of the three branches, including the roles and qualifications of present day leaders, compiling résumés and video clip examples of leaders in action.