Our Campaign 2016 section of the website provides video clip explanations of the various aspects of the election process for candidates vying to become the next President of the United States. Separated into 9 main areas, each topic is supplemented with related video clips, discussion questions, handouts, and culminating activities to reinforce students' learning. Use these resources in conjunction with C-SPAN's televised coverage to help your students understand the entire process of electing the next President
Watch C-SPAN on Monday, February 1 at 7pm ET for LIVE coverage of the 2016 Iowa Caucuses.
Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire Primary Resources
C-SPAN Classroom is delighted to offer our new 2016 Electoral College Map poster – FREE and available only to C-SPAN Classroom Members. This colorful 44" x 44" poster can jumpstart discussion and a variety of lessons on a wide range of subject matters and grade levels as you teach about the 2016 presidential election.
To reserve your copy, simply click here.
The poster is FREE of charge to C-SPAN Classroom members
Limit of one poster per member and only available to members residing in the U.S. and territories).
Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
Features of the 2016 Electoral Map poster include:
- State electoral votes that reflect the 2010 census
- State abbreviations for easy identification
- States' electoral numbers color-coded to reflect the 2012 election results
- Locations of the 2016 Republican and Democratic Conventions
- The history of the election results since 1900 including electoral and popular votes
- Inset maps showing the electoral results since 1992
- Asterisks denoting Maine and Nebraska as district method states instead of winner-take-all