C-SPAN Classroom Special Offers
C-SPAN's 2016 Electoral College Map Poster
C-SPAN Classroom is delighted to offer our new 2016 Electoral College Map poster – FREE and available only to C-SPAN Classroom Members. This colorful 44" x 44" poster can jumpstart discussion and a variety of lessons on a wide range of subject matters and grade levels as you teach about the 2016 presidential election.
To reserve yours, simply log-in and click on "Get Offer" at the bottom of this page! The poster is FREE of charge to C-SPAN Classroom members (* limit of one poster per member and only available to members residing in the U.S. and territories).Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
Features of the 2016 Electoral Map poster include:
- State electoral votes that reflect the 2010 census
- State abbreviations for easy identification
- States' electoral numbers color-coded to reflect the 2012 election results
- Locations of the 2016 Republican and Democratic Conventions
- The history of the election results since 1900 including electoral and popular votes
- Inset maps showing the electoral results since 1992
- Asterisks denoting Maine and Nebraska as district method states instead of winner-take-all
With the map, you and your students can discover the number of electoral votes assigned to each state, analyze the 2012 results, trace trends in Electoral College history, and make informed predictions about the 2016 race. You can also use our related resources on the C-SPAN Classroom website to help students branch out and make further connections as you study the campaign and election process in depth.
Accompanying Lesson Ideas and Activities