Bell Ringer: First Lady Lou Hoover and the Great Depression
Click here for a mobile-device friendly link (C-SPAN.org web page)
Guests discuss the influence of First Lady Lou Hoover in helping those affected by the Great Depression during her husband’s administration. (2 mins)
- Author and historian Annette Dunlap
- Emily Charnock, assistant producer Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
- Great Depression
- Unemployment Rate
- Dow Jones Industrial Average
Bell Ringer Assignment
- How did Mrs. Hoover use her influence as First Lady to help those affected by the Great Depression? Which medium did she use to deliver her message?
- According to author Annette Dunlap, how successful were Mrs. Hoover’s actions? What were the limitations?